Tulips - Wholesale Tulips Require 7 Days Advance Notice
Nothing brightens your mood than a bouquet of Tulips! No matter what the season, Tulips conjure up images of warm, Spring days filled with happiness and good things to come. Although they are generally a Spring flower, certain tulip varieties and colors are available year-round.
Tulips are shipped direct from the farm, making them extremely fresh! We are so sure you will love your flowers that we provide you with a 100% guarantee of their quality. All you need to do once they arrive, is cut 1/2" - 1" off the bottom of the stems, place them in cool water, out of direct sunlight and away from drafts or extreme temperatures. It is perfectly normal for Tulips to look thirsty or "tired" upon arrival. They will perk up once they receive a "fresh cut" to their stems and have time to drink up fresh water. Keep in mind, tulips grow over time. Once they are cut and put in fresh water, don't be surprised to see them literally "grow" taller.
Tulips stems are prone to bending as they are a phototropic flower - meaning they will bend toward their light source. To keep your tulips stems upright and straight, place your flowers under a light where they receive uniform light exposure. Tulips may arrive with some bending or bowing in their stems. If desired, this can be corrected by following the care instructions below.
We recommend you have your tulips delivered 1 day before your event.
Free Shipping is included in the price, with a 100% guarantee of quality.
Tulip Cut Flower Care instructions:
- As soon as you receive your flowers, open their box(es) and cut strapping to remove flowers.
- Tulips are shipped in grower's bunches, each bunch containing 10 stems per bunch.
- Stem Length approx 10 - 12 inches
- Each Tulip stem features 1 bloom per stem (1 - 2 inches tall, on average)
- Remove any green foliage that will fall below the water line from the bottom of the stem (foliage that falls below the water level will form bacteria and reduce the life of your flowers).
- Tulips will arrive closed, in bud form. Once the tulips are hydrated they will bloom to a much larger size. They will also "grow" taller as the hydrate.
- Cut at least 1/2 - 1 inch off the bottom of the tulip stem (preferably at an angle) and immediately place in water.
- Place flowers in fresh, cool water out of direct sunlight, drafts and extreme heat or cold. Let Tulips hydrate for at least 4 hours, 12 or more hours is highly recommended. Ensure tulips have plenty of water (check regularly - flowers drink a lot upon arrival) and keep the water clean.
- Do NOT overcrowd your tulips in your container(s). Allow sufficient room for your flowers to bloom while hydrating. If flowers are overcrowded while hydrating, it could affect their blooming process.
- If your tulips arrive with some bending or bowing of their stems, trim the stems and lay the tulips on newspaper. Ensure the paper extends above the tulip blooms, but leaves at least the bottom third of the stems exposed. Roll the tulips up in the newspaper and place in water with a light source directly above the tulips. Since tulips naturally bend toward their light source, this method will help straighten up the stems.
- When your boxes arrive, it is important to get your flowers in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect your flowers.*
- Gather clean vases, buckets or containers for your bouquets. Ensure your vases, buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill them with at least 3 inches of fresh, room temperature water
- Your flowers may or may not arrive with water tubes or sponges attached to the bouquet for hydration. If they do, gently remove them. Remove any plastic sleeves protecting the flowers.
- Holding the flowers tightly, using sharp flower shears, cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Once stems are cut you can choose to remove any rubber bands or leave them on as they may help the bouquet hold its shape.
- Place flowers in the prepared vases, buckets or containers.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water levels. Flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or extreme temperatures. Flowers should be stored in a cool dark area, until ready to use.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 207.618.7618
48LongStems uses FedEx or UPS for priority overnight delivery service which should allow all deliveries to arrive by 5 pm on your chosen delivery date. Exact delivery times depend on the service available to your address. Please contact FedEx or UPS to inquire about their service standard time for your zip code.
- Deliveries are available Tuesday through Friday. For an additional fee, Saturday delivery maybe available. Saturday deliveries are not available for all zip codes.
- A day to two before each item's selected delivery date, you will be sent an automatically generated tracking number to track your package(s) online at www.FedEx.com or www.UPS.com. You may also obtain your tracking number by going online into your 48LongStems.com account.
- FedEx or UPS may requires a signature at the time of delivery. We highly suggest that you arrange to have someone at your requested delivery location to accept packages. In the event no one is available, please leave a note where the driver will see it to instruct them that no signature is required. Include your name and signature on the note. These instructions release the shipper from responsibility if packages are stolen or contents ruined once they leave the package unattended. This note does not guarantee delivery. It is at the delivery driver's discretion to comply with the request, and in some instances such as with international orders, aā signature is required without exception. If you miss your delivery, use your tracking information and contact FedEx at 800-GO-FāEDEX or UPS at 800-782-7892 directly to reschedule.
- FedEx and UPS require a valid and working telephone number on all orders. ā
- Review your shipping address carefully. Incorrect delivery addresses will incur a $20 fee for changes or redirects once the package is en route. It is the recipient's obligation to cover this change fee. 48LongStems is not responsible for any issues resulting from incorrect delivery information provided. Please note: changes and redirects may not be feasible as the delivery date approaches, especially once a tracking number is assigned.
- 48LongStems is not responsible for packages received before or after the specified delivery date, that are lost, stolen or damaged once in the hands of the carrier. In the event your package is delayed for example due to weather or mechanical issues, please contact FedEx/UPS directly.
- If you are not satisfied with your flower shipment, please call 48LongStems IMMEDIATELY after opening your boxes at 207.618.7618 AND email us images of the flowers to info@48LongStems.com. All complaints must be communicated verbally and accompanied with digital pictures of all the flowers in question within 24 hours of receipt of the product. If not your claim will not be accepted and no refund will be granted. In order to process your claim, we will request digital pictures and/or return of all product (for quality inspection).