PALOMA BI-COLOR PINK ROSES - Require 7 Days Advance Notice
We grow our beautiful roses in the high altitudes of Ecuador. This environment allows our farms to grow stronger, more reliable, and longer-lasting roses that produce larger heads filled and more petals. The blooms on these roses open up more slowly, creating a longer-lasting bloom. Our roses are shipped directly from the farm, making them extremely fresh!! They are cut and shipped the same day ensuring their quality and freshness. We are so sure you will love your flowers that we provide you with a 100% guarantee of their quality.
All of our roses are grown on environmentally friendly, Rain Forest Certified, and Socially Responsible Farms.
A 40cm rose is approximately 16" - 18" long
A 50cm rose is approximately 18" - 22" long
Wholesale Roses will arrive in wrapped bunches of 25 roses each; strapped and secured in specially designed boxes to ensure they arrive in perfect condition. To ensure the roses arrive in good shape, the farm double stacks the roses in each cardboard-wrapped bunch, so it may appear at first glance that you only have 12 roses in each bundle, but turn the roses upside down and count the stems - you will see each bunch contains 25 fresh, high-quality roses. In addition, to protect the flowers during shipping, our Roses are shipped with their guard petals still attached. All roses have several outer petals that surround the rose blooms - which may appear bruised, torn, or discolored upon arrival. THIS IS NORMAL. Simply remove these few outer petals once you have finished hydrating the roses. It is not uncommon for each rose bloom to have 5 - 10 guard petals.
Because our roses are the freshest available, they will most likely arrive in bud form and may need a day or two to open up. We recommend that you have your roses delivered 1 - 2 days BEFORE your event date to ensure they are fully open. Roses are very hardy flowers, but they will need to be properly hydrated once they arrive. It is perfectly normal for Roses to look thirsty or "tired" upon arrival. They will perk up once they receive a "fresh cut" to their stems and have time to drink up fresh water. For Roses to look their best, we highly recommend you follow our care instructions.
1. Upon arrival, open your flower boxes, cut strapping, and remove flowers. Your flowers may look tired. THIS IS COMPLETELY NORMAL. They will perk up and bloom after they have been properly hydrated.
2. Your box will contain multiple bunches of roses. Each individual bunch of standard roses contains 25 individual stems.
3. To protect roses during shipping, standard roses are DOUBLE STACKED, meaning 1 layer of roses is placed on top of, and just under the blooms of the first layer, and then rolled into their shipping bundles. When you receive your roses, you will only see the top layer of 12 roses underneath their cardboard cover. You WILL NOT see the additional 13 roses which form the lower layer in the package. Turn the bundle over and you will see 25 individual stems. For more information, we have a video on YouTube showing how wholesale roses are shipped, and how to properly process them upon arrival.
4. Standard roses will arrive with cardboard wrapping around the blooms. LEAVE THIS ON FOR AT LEAST 2-4 HOURS WHILE INITIALLY HYDRATING YOUR ROSES. After 2-4 hours, you may carefully remove the packaging. Failure to keep the packaging on the roses while initially hydrating may result in the rose heads drooping.
5. Remove all of the green foliage (and thorns, if any) that fall below the cardboard packaging. Foliage that falls below the water line of your hydrating vases or buckets will form bacteria and reduce the life span of your roses. In addition, most lower leaves will not be visible in arrangements and will need to be removed in order to make bouquets or centerpieces. Hydrating these leaves will take water away from the rose blooms, where you want it to be focused for optimal results.
6. Cut at least 1 – 2 inches off the bottom of each rose stem at an angle and immediately place them in fresh, clean water. Leave alone for 2 – 4 hours.
7. Make sure you remove the packaging after 4 hours. The flower heads will begin to swell at this point and you don’t want the packaging to bruise the buds, or reduce their bloom size at this point.
8. After removing the cardboard packaging, remove any additional leaves and thorns. You may also notice several bruised, discolored, or torn leaves around the outer edges of the individual
blooms. THIS IS COMPLETELY NORMAL. These are guard petals, and EVERY rose has guard petals. Some roses have a few, some have several, and some you won’t even notice. These are nature's way of protecting the more tender petals inside. Unless you see bruising that goes through the center of the bloom or actual moist rot, there is nothing wrong with your roses. You may remove them at this point, or you can leave them on. Once your roses are fully bloomed, these petals curl under the blooms and won’t be noticed. If you remove them, this will signal your roses to begin opening faster. If you wait until you are ready to work with your roses to remove any undesirable petals, it will not hamper their blooming process. The difference between wholesale roses and florist-purchased roses is simply the fact the florist
removed these petals before you saw them. That is all. Otherwise, they are exactly the same.
9. After you remove any additional foliage, thorns, and petals, give your rose stems another fresh cut and return them to their hydrating vases or buckets. MAKE SURE TO GIVE YOUR ROSES PLENTY OF ROOM TO BLOOM!! DO NOT CROWD ROSES INTO YOUR HYDRATING BUCKETS OR THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO OPEN FULLY AND MAY BRUISE. It is better to use more buckets than to overcrowd them. In addition, MAKE SURE ALL ROSE BUDS ARE ABOVE THE TOP OF THE VASE OR BUCKETS THEY ARE HYDRATING IN. Roses that are stuck within the inside of their hydrating buckets will not be able to open fully.
10. Place your roses back in fresh, clean water away from direct sunlight, drafts, and extreme heat or cold. The use of flower food is recommended, but only if it is properly measured. Improper dosing can reduce the vase life of your roses. Let roses hydrate for an additional 4 hours before arranging, 12 – 24 hours is highly recommended. Wholesale roses will arrive in bud form and will need some time to open up. Ensure roses have plenty of clean water (check regularly, flowers drink a lot upon arrival).
11. If you wish to have your roses open faster, after giving them a fresh cut, place them in hot water (as hot as you can still tolerate placing your hand in). You can also place them in a warm room, or outside in direct sunlight. If you wish to slow down the opening process, place them in a cool room.
48LongStems uses FedEx or UPS for priority overnight delivery service which should allow all deliveries to arrive by 5 pm on your chosen delivery date. Exact delivery times depend on the service available to your address. Please contact FedEx or UPS to inquire about their service standard time for your zip code.
- Deliveries are available Tuesday through Friday. For an additional fee, Saturday delivery maybe available. Saturday deliveries are not available for all zip codes.
- A day to two before each item's selected delivery date, you will be sent an automatically generated tracking number to track your package(s) online at www.FedEx.com or www.UPS.com. You may also obtain your tracking number by going online into your 48LongStems.com account.
- FedEx or UPS may requires a signature at the time of delivery. We highly suggest that you arrange to have someone at your requested delivery location to accept packages. In the event no one is available, please leave a note where the driver will see it to instruct them that no signature is required. Include your name and signature on the note. These instructions release the shipper from responsibility if packages are stolen or contents ruined once they leave the package unattended. This note does not guarantee delivery. It is at the delivery driver's discretion to comply with the request, and in some instances such as with international orders, aā signature is required without exception. If you miss your delivery, use your tracking information and contact FedEx at 800-GO-FāEDEX or UPS at 800-782-7892 directly to reschedule.
- FedEx and UPS require a valid and working telephone number on all orders. ā
- Review your shipping address carefully. Incorrect delivery addresses will incur a $20 fee for changes or redirects once the package is en route. It is the recipient's obligation to cover this change fee. 48LongStems is not responsible for any issues resulting from incorrect delivery information provided. Please note: changes and redirects may not be feasible as the delivery date approaches, especially once a tracking number is assigned.
- 48LongStems is not responsible for packages received before or after the specified delivery date, that are lost, stolen or damaged once in the hands of the carrier. In the event your package is delayed for example due to weather or mechanical issues, please contact FedEx/UPS directly.
- If you are not satisfied with your flower shipment, please call 48LongStems IMMEDIATELY after opening your boxes at 207.618.7618 AND email us images of the flowers to info@48LongStems.com. All complaints must be communicated verbally and accompanied with digital pictures of all the flowers in question within 24 hours of receipt of the product. If not your claim will not be accepted and no refund will be granted. In order to process your claim, we will request digital pictures and/or return of all product (for quality inspection).