Wholesale Proteas - Requires 7 Day Advance Purchase
Proteas are an unusual, intriguing, beautiful flower, that has taken the floral industry by storm. Originally from South Africa, demand for these beauties has been so great that farms in South America and California have begun growing them. As a result, most Proteas are available year round now, although some varieties are still seasonal. As they have become one of the most popular flowers in wedding bouquets and floral arrangements today, order early to ensure availability.
Most proteas feature a single, large, bloom in shades of pink to red that sit atop a sturdy stem, however, King Proteas sport a large white flower. Pincushion Proteas come in shades of yellow, orange and red - so there is sure to be a protea that fits with any color scheme.
Proteas are incredibly versatile - stunning on their own, or in combination with other flowers. It's unique bloom, large stature, exotic texture, and soft lines make it the center of attention in any floral design. Proteas can be used in formal arrangements as well as in more relaxed, casual bouquets. Whether you are planning a tropical, boho, wildflower, barn, rustic, country club or beach inspired event, proteas will fit right in.
As part of the sugar bush family, most proteas arrive with a cluster of leaves beneath the bloom. These leaves may begin bluish-green, but will begin to turn brownish. This is very normal for the sugar bush family, and is not a sign that the flower is old or has a problem. Simply pull off the discolored leaves and the flower will perform quite well, and if cared for properly, will have a long vase life.
Shipped directly from our environmentally friendly and socially responsible farms, we guarantee only the freshest proteas available. In addition our farms produce exceptionally beautiful, full, high grade, reliable flowers. We 100% guarantee their quality and freshness.
Once you receive your Proteas, remove any leafy foliage that has turned color or that will fall below the waterline. Cut approximately 1/2 - 1 inch off the bottom of the stems, and place them in fresh, room temperature water, preferably with flower food. It is perfectly normal for Proteas to look thirsty or "tired" upon arrival. They will perk up once they receive a "fresh cut" to their stems and have time to drink up freshwater. We recommend you receive your Proteas 2-3 days before your event.
For Proteas to look their best, follow our care instructions.
Wholesale Proteas Require 10 Days Advance Notice! Free shipping is included in the price with a 100% guarantee of quality.
Protea Care Instructions:
- The night before your flowers are scheduled to arrive, gather your buckets or containers together and make sure they are very clean.
- Fill each container with about 4 inches of water. If you have flower food, add to the water following package instructions. Do not use too much or too little flower food. If in doubt, don't use any at all. These flowers will do quite well in fresh, clean water.
- Let water sit overnight so that it achieves room temperature once your flowers arrive.
- As soon as you receive your flowers, open their box(es) and cut strapping to remove flowers.
- Remove rubber bands and plastic sleeves surrounding the flowers.
- Remove any discolored leaves and any foliage that may fall below the water line. Leaves that fall below the water line will begin to decompose creating bacteria in the water. This will reduce the life span of your flowers.
- Cut about 1 inch off the bottom of the stems with a sharp clippers.
- Immediately place in water buckets. Do not overcrowd your flowers in your containers.
- Store your flowers inside, away from direct sunlight, heat sources or drafts. Tropical flowers prefer temperatures between 55°F to 75°F. DO NOT REFRIGERATE TROPICAL FLOWERS. Refrigeration will damage the blooms.
- Let your proteas hydrate for at least 4 hours before arranging. 24 hours is recommended.
- Check water levels frequently. Tropical flowers drink a lot of water when hydrating. Keep water levels up and ensure water is kept fresh and clean.
- Change the water every 24 - 48 hours, for best results. We recommend giving them a fresh cut when you do a water change.
- Proteas are shipped as individual stems.
- Stem Length varies by variety, but on average are between 16 - 20" in height.
- Most Protea stems have1 bloom per stem - however, some (including Blushing Bride) may have more than 1 bloom, sporting clusters of smaller buds instead.
- Protea blooms vary in width, based upon variety. However, the average minimum for the smallest varieties is 3 inches.
- Most proteas arrive fully bloomed, and will not need additional time to open. King and Queen Proteas, however, may arrive in bud form depending upon the season, and will require additional time to fully open. Contact us at (207) 618-7618 to ensure we schedule a delivery date for the blooms to have time to open.
- Suggested Deliver Date 2- 3 Days Before Use Date
- Open box and cut strapping to remove flowers
- Ranunculus petals are soft and papery thin. Handle gently. Store in a cool location, away from direct sunlight, heat sources and/or drafts.
- Remove any green foliage that will fall below the water line from the bottom of the stem.
- Cut approximately 1/2 to 1 inch off the bottom of each stem and immediately place in fresh, clean water.
- Place flowers in fresh, cool water out of direct sunlight. Use of Floral food is recommended. Let Ranunculus hydrate for at least an hour before arranging, 24 hours is recommended.
- Ranunculus stems often bend. This is normal, and often a desired feature in making arrangements feel loose and natural. If stems need to remain upright, some wiring may be needed.
48LongStems uses FedEx or UPS for priority overnight delivery service which should allow all deliveries to arrive by 5 pm on your chosen delivery date. Exact delivery times depend on the service available to your address. Please contact FedEx or UPS to inquire about their service standard time for your zip code.
- Deliveries are available Tuesday through Friday. For an additional fee, Saturday delivery maybe available. Saturday deliveries are not available for all zip codes.
- A day to two before each item's selected delivery date, you will be sent an automatically generated tracking number to track your package(s) online at www.FedEx.com or www.UPS.com. You may also obtain your tracking number by going online into your 48LongStems.com account.
- FedEx or UPS may requires a signature at the time of delivery. We highly suggest that you arrange to have someone at your requested delivery location to accept packages. In the event no one is available, please leave a note where the driver will see it to instruct them that no signature is required. Include your name and signature on the note. These instructions release the shipper from responsibility if packages are stolen or contents ruined once they leave the package unattended. This note does not guarantee delivery. It is at the delivery driver's discretion to comply with the request, and in some instances such as with international orders, aā signature is required without exception. If you miss your delivery, use your tracking information and contact FedEx at 800-GO-FāEDEX or UPS at 800-782-7892 directly to reschedule.
- FedEx and UPS require a valid and working telephone number on all orders. ā
- Review your shipping address carefully. Incorrect delivery addresses will incur a $20 fee for changes or redirects once the package is en route. It is the recipient's obligation to cover this change fee. 48LongStems is not responsible for any issues resulting from incorrect delivery information provided. Please note: changes and redirects may not be feasible as the delivery date approaches, especially once a tracking number is assigned.
- 48LongStems is not responsible for packages received before or after the specified delivery date, that are lost, stolen or damaged once in the hands of the carrier. In the event your package is delayed for example due to weather or mechanical issues, please contact FedEx/UPS directly.
- If you are not satisfied with your flower shipment, please call 48LongStems IMMEDIATELY after opening your boxes at 207.618.7618 AND email us images of the flowers to info@48LongStems.com. All complaints must be communicated verbally and accompanied with digital pictures of all the flowers in question within 24 hours of receipt of the product. If not your claim will not be accepted and no refund will be granted. In order to process your claim, we will request digital pictures and/or return of all product (for quality inspection).